Thursday, February 22, 2018

Lucky Me! {continued}

Last week, I was talking about how lucky I am. I AM! Really! If you read last week, you know it for sure. If you haven't read last week, I'll wait until you catch up. Go ahead...I'll wait.

OK.

For this week, I will talk about the boxes I received from two women whose work I admire. The first one is Kathy of Petticoat Junktion. She is somewhat of a junk collector and a furniture remodeler/painter. She and her husband sometimes do projects together. For the contest I entered, Kathy put a bunch of goodies into a Priority box for one lucky person. That would be me!!!

What I saw when I opened the box.

I'm surprised the Starfish made it intact!
 Look at these goodies! There's paint, a jar of decoupage medium, a candle, a picture frame, a couple of blocks, a stencil (which I've never done) and the rubber stamp with a letter F for Fonda. That's me!


Yay! Handles! and shells!
I'm not sure what those doo-dads are in the upper left corner, so I don't know what to do with them. What is below it is a kit to make a small sign. I'll use it to hang on the stem of my pumpkin next year! Cute! Of course I can use the paint brushes, and the shells in the green Ball jar are lovely. I've added them to my extensive shell collection. And, the handles: one for a spigot and the other for a dresser drawer. I love them both, and they are worthy of display if not used on some future project. Much thanks to Kathy!

The next box came from Donna of Distressed Donna Downhome. She wrapped and presented each piece as a little gift. It was amazing. Let's get started.

Reading the accompanying letter
 
Packaged
Opened

These were tiny boxes that held stickers and glue-on paper designs.

Packaged
Opened (The red book matches my set, but my set doesn't have this particular book. Added to it.)


Wrapped

Keys, envelopes and sewing supplies
Book

Jar of buttons and doo-dads plus a tea steeper
Just precious!

Photo copies of old photos
Original photos
Wrapped
Opened (Folding yard stick)
Wrapped
Opened
Opened
Opened
Opened (So precious)
Something wrapped, but lost track what was inside. Beautiful wrapping.

I have to do something special with this.
This last package needs some special consideration. Apparently, Donna received this little bit of craft supplies from someone. She probably took a thing or two from it, replenished it with something new, then she sent it to me. I will take something from it, add a little something to it, and send it on to someone else. I've decided who, but I can't tell.

Inside the jar with the buttons and doo-dads was a shoe string holder with a bell for the baby shoes. Just one. But, it brought back memories of seeing the ones my parents used on my shoes when I was a baby.

Now, have you seen anything nicer than this giveaway. The packages. The contents. I'm not worthy! But, I am!!! Thank you so much to Donna and Horror Monster from whence the goodies came. You see Donna was cleaning out her crafty supplies. I guess she was beyond saturation. I don't know how she did it, but she sent all kinds of items that I would have chosen myself. Now, it's time to make something! I was so lucky to win this.

If I win anything else, I will be sure to blog about it. If you have an opportunity to win anything, sign up. Someone has to win, and it might as well be you.

I'm lucky that I have a few people following me, too. I hope you consider yourselves lucky enough to be here.

Showing off at: Share Your Cup #284, Vintage Charm Party #121

From lucky me to lucky you ... and everything in between...

16 comments:

  1. Oh my so many amazing goodies! I know Donna does the best wrapping of things! She is so creative. Oh and thanks to your advice I entered several more giveaways on Goodreads and won my first book! So excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you on winning a book! When you're ready to write your review and you need help, see if someone else said what you want to say. It helps to get a good start, but don't agonize too much! I seem to win a book every couple of weeks. I think I'm due!

      Donna's wrapping makes me feel cared for. She took so much time to make it just for me.

      Delete
  2. Congrats you lucky girl! I have received things from Donna before and she always makes it so fun to open!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes us two lucky girls! Maybe when I get more followers, I'll have to do a giveaway! I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Fonda! What great grab boxes! Donna's wrappings are simply the best, besides all the goodies inside. And from what I can tell, you've either just had or are about to have a birthday - Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...Donna packaged everything so nicely.

      My birthday is in August, but a celebration like winning something is like having a mini birthday!!!

      Thank you for stopping by, Rita!

      Delete
  4. Well done! Envious as hell. I've won tons of things in my life, but only by putting in effort. I don't win lotteries or raffles. I've always won competitions where I've had to enter something or do something. Still feels good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so lucky to have won! It's great way to celebrate the goodness of others.

      Thanks for visiting, Zefi!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, so many treasures! I absolutely love that you plan to share some of them! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing is a part of me. I have noticed that when I put things (share) or money (charitable donations) out into the world, I am also rewarded in small ways. I think it's a cycle. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. The treasures are many...I like it when she wins things, but I almost never win...I guess she wins enough for both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hay, sweetheart! Yes, I share my winnings with you! If one of us wins, we both win! Love you...

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! what a haul. You really are a lucky girl!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that fantastic!!! I am more rewarded with great friends...like you! I'm glad you visited!

      Delete
  8. Amazing, what a wonderful collections you have. I would love to spend a day in your home.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library is fun. I like to just look at my library wall. There is so much to see, and a few of the pieces bring back memories. The rest of the house is coming along, and I will share each room as it is finished. Thank you for your comment and stopping by!

      Delete