Thursday, February 15, 2018

Lucky Me!

I consider myself to be a very lucky woman, not only because I have a wonderful family, four kitties and a nice home, but because I win stuff frequently. 

I have won craft supplies, books, and boxes of seemingly unrelated goodies to make stuff with. I enter frequently, so I guess the odds of me winning something is pretty high. And, maybe I'm just pretty darn lucky!

Just over a month ago, I won a collection of eleven fat quarters from QT Fabrics/Ink and Arrow called Say Cheese. That's a street value of over $30!

Eleven Fat Quarters of Fabric!!!
This is a collection of cameras and cheese wedges. Say cheese! is what we say when we want people to smile.

Some time ago, I won a collection of Milk Paint brand paint. 

Paint and brushes
 
16 jars!!!

 
Plus finishing oil and bonding primer and sealer
Look at all of that paint! I am indeed lucky! I think the value of this package was well over $100 retail.


I also win books frequently ever since I joined goodreads. Here's an example of the one I just finished and enjoyed:


Do you see that seal near the title? This is what it says:





It's an Advance Reading Copy. Through goodreads, authors and companies distribute books in return for honest reviews. I was one of  the lucky ones who received a copy. I would recommend this one when it's finally introduced to the world on 3/20/18! It makes me feel so special to be able to read it before you do. {snicker, snicker} To date, I have won about 30 books in the nearly two years I've belonged to goodreads. (See my 1/22/18 entry regarding goodreads.)                                                        

I've won a $75 gift card to Lowe's Home Improvement, too. That photo wouldn't have been too exciting, so I left it out. We need a heavy-duty shelf for the garage, so that's where that's going.

Long ago, when I was heavy into blog hops on stamping and scrapping sites, I would win craft supplies, like ribbon, stamps and adhesives. I'm getting back into my stamping, so I ought to belong to those kinds of groups again.

In April of 2017, I won two contests, and since they are photo intensive, I'll save them until next time. See you then!

From crafty supplies to books ... and everything in between ...


10 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never won a book from Goodreads and I enter all the time. I think my reviews must be less then win worthy. May I follow you on Goodreads to see how your reviews go? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has nothing to do with how your reviews are written. It's the luck of the draw. In fact, you never have to write a review, but it's best to do that. After all, you got a free book. There are some books I rate but have no way to describe how I feel about it. You could look at how other people review the books. Most of them rehash the plot without giving it away. I don't. I try to say why I liked it or didn't. Another thing...I'm not always notified if I win, and sometimes I don't get my book if I do. Under the term "giveaways", to the right, there is a place where you can check if you've won. Let me know if you don't find it. I'm learning new stuff all the time over there. Oh, another thing I do is only check one day at a time. It used to be the default to check the books ending soonest, but now you have to change it to. Keep on trying. I've won books that I couldn't even finish, but I like to try new things. I now know that I don't like biographical novels or humor, believe it or not. So, I avoid those now.

      Delete
  2. Hey, ya gotta play to win, right?! Still, you are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait til you see my next entry, a continuation of this one. Talk about lucky!!! Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  3. You sure are lucky! I need to join goodreads because I love to read. Mostly mystery/Detective novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like psychological thrillers...stuff that gets under my skin. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I am happy that my wife is a "weiner" (winner) - I make her put her name in for things that I want to win! She is a lucky girl in all respects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are very lucky, indeed! Congrats on the all the winnings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Ivana. I am also lucky you stopped by for a visit. Sign up for future posts, if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete