Monday, December 4, 2023

End-of-the-year Cards

 Every year, we like to send out end-of-the-year cards. We don't celebrate Christmas, so we send out these cards so that our friends and families know that we wish them the best in the new year. What better way to do that than send them a card with a few words to tell them how much we care. This is that card:

 

There was no stamping involved on the outside, but on the inside there is "Happy New Year". We made 26 of these.

I began making this card by spattering the area where the star would sit with a dark gray ink. The star is die cut from paper-backed burlap, and it was popped up on double-sided foam adhesive. Small tinsel strands were wrapped around and secured. I cut the music from my sister's old music books. My wife, Katie, worked with me on these.

We'll send these out in about mid-December, if I can wait that long! 


#sendacarddeliverasmile  @Thinkingofyouweek



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. What a great card for New Year.

    ReplyDelete