goodreads is for book lovers, and here are 7 reasons to belong:
1) Discover books and authors, new and old. From the moment you go to the site, there are books everywhere. Click on the genre, and it takes you to a list of current books with that tag. Hover your cursor over the book, and you can learn what it's about.
2) Read reviews. Click on a book, and you are whisked away to its own page. Here you can learn about the book, see questions that potential readers have about it and read reviews that other members have posted. You can post yours here, too.
3) Discuss your views with other members. You can ask other members questions, too.
4) Create a list of books to read. Once you become a member, you can start a list of books you want to read. To find a specific book, type the name of the book or author in the search box.
5) Catalogue the books you have read. You can create a plethora of virtual "bookshelves" that belong to you so you can sort and tag the books you have read or want to read. For example, you can create the genre to which your book belongs, like "business" or "self-help", or any word(s) to help you sort the books you have read, like "didn't finish" or "own".
6) Enter giveaways to receive free books. In the drop-down menu "Browse", there is "Giveaways". Every member is eligible to request books that they think they might enjoy. The odds of winning that book are subject to the number of books being given away and the number of people who are requesting a copy. The object of requesting books is to give an honest opinion of the book in a review. There is no policing, but in the spirit of the game, it is something that should be done.
7) It's free to join. FREE. There's no reason not to join if you are a book lover.
I'm not a pro at this, so I'm still working my way around the website through trial and error, and I'm not receiving anything from Goodreads for this review. If I can help, I will, so just ask. Or you can bumble along and see what you can find.
From Alphabet to Zoo ... and everything in between...