Thursday, March 22, 2018

Fonda's Fabulous Funday Finds #6

Office supplies are always welcome at my house.

Labels, tabs, "stamp licker" and digital screen care kit.
The labels will come in handy for a garage sale. The strip tabbing and the "stamp licker", for lack of a better description, will be for my art. And, who knows when one of our digital screens will need repair. 

Hallmark photo holder.
I thought I might be able to sell this online, but the market is saturated. 


Stack of small gelatin molds.
I have a small collection of these type of molds. I want to make a valance for the kitchen, so I'll have to figure how to make that happen.

Last three photos found at the Ocean Isle Beach Habitat for Humanity ReStore.

Fish earrings.
Fish earrings. Free. Yep...spend enough time talking to some folks, and they'll let you have something. We admired a couch in that store. These are for Katie who is a fish girl. (Fun fact about Katie: That's what she went to college for, but by the time she got to her PhD, she was studying reverse osmosis. Now, she teaches biology at a local community college.) Found at 2nd Chance Decor.

Katie book.

Sometimes, taking the time to drive to the thrift store and get out of the car gets you a book. One. Book. Thank goodness the duds are far and few between. We had a great time looking around, but we didn't find anything we needed to bring home. Found at Three Sister in Southport.


Mostly Katie's books.

Dresser box, probably for hankies.
I love these dainty flowers on this satiny dresser box. This is in stark contrast to the olive green, orange and white paisley dresser box I found earlier, for sure!!!! See it here.


Picture frame.
Tarot cards.
Perhaps I can use the Tarot cards in my art.


Wood-burning kit.
This is definitely for my art...like I need another KIND of art kit to play with!!!

These were found in my friendly neighborhood Family Thrift - a thrift store that benefits the people in my own area.

Thanks for visiting today. Sign up for future posts, if you'd like to. 

Showing off at these parties:

Share Your Cup #285 
Talk of the Town #115 
Vintage Charm Party #125  

From a dresser box to a wood-burning kit ... and everything in between ...

8 comments:

  1. Wood burning is fun, I have a wood burning tool and haven't used it in ages, I think I need to get it back out!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. We were on vacation and didn't want to announce it to the world that our house was empty.

      I haven't used the wood burning kit yet, but maybe soon.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Loved your treasures, esp the books! The tarot cards would make a great mixed media collage/art type of thing; some for Halloween type art, too. Maybe even ornaments for a Halloween/Day of the Dead tree! Wish we had more thrifts in our neighborhood and not just GW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. We were on vacation and didn't want to announce it to the world that our house was empty.

      Even though we live in a small town, there are plenty of "good" thrift stores around...none of the big box stores, like GW or SA. And, most of them are agency that support a certain sector of our county. Thank you for your visit.

      Delete
  3. You're too funny--stamp licker thing! I know what you mean. I can still picture my mom putting stamps on Christmas cards with a sponge! You can make all kinds of neat things with that wood burning tool. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. We were on vacation and didn't want to announce it to the world that our house was empty.

      My mom had a stamp licker that was about the same shape and size of a round salt shaker. It had a sponge on top. Funny how we remember those things.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Love the dresser box, and I always pick up those type of molds. I use them a lot in crafting. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. We were on vacation and didn't want to announce it to the world that our house was empty.

      Yep, that dresser box is nice. It was so clean when I picked it up at the thrift store, too. Someone took great care with it.

      I'm sharing my art on SYC this time. Enjoy! Thanks for the visit!

      Delete