Thursday, June 14, 2018

My Art: Artist's Trading Cards, Continued

Last week I showed you my sewing-related ATCs, so you can see the beginning of the story there.

This week, I'd like to share the variety of ATCs I have made. They can be made out of any kind of material - fabric, paper, metal - which I will show.

Rubber stamps, flower cut from a postal stamp, red vellum circle, paper. One of my favorites.

Certain information is expected to be on the back. Here, I used a Change of Adress rubber stamp.

My use of my odd-ball rubber stamps. Front on the left; back on the right.

Aluminum paper, copper wire and band, paper from Asian novel.

Aluminum paper, circuit board {?} and transistors {?}.


This ATC has a secret compartment.


This ATC is in the shape of a purse. Inside, paper was folded origami style to fit inside.

Another purse with paper inside (not shown).

Metal mesh, metal watch faces, beads to hold them on, and seam binding to keep the edges smooth.

My favorite number and the initial of my first name.
The following are all made of fabric with miscellaneous embellishments. The fabric was woven on a paper card.
Paper and metal embellishments.

Copper sequins and small silver beads to hold them on.

Paper and metal embellishments.

Alphabet and other beads and a paper flower.
I haven't made any ATCs in awhile, but after showing these, I just might get in the mood to make more. 

I hope you enjoyed these, and I wonder if any reader has ever made some.

From fabric to metal ...and everything in between...

4 comments:

  1. These are so cool. I've never made any but I love the creative freedom you express and who knows I might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! They are fun little bits of art. I just updated the blog with the reason I was gone so long, so hopefully you'll get this note and that other one.

      Delete
  2. Your talent truly lies in these ATCs! They're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! I'm slowly getting back in the saddle. I've been working on a monthly ATC swap, so I have a bit of creativity coming back. I'll have to share those soon, too!

      Delete