Thursday, June 7, 2018

My Art: Artist's Trading Cards - Sewing Related

In my art, I sometimes combine two of my favorite hobbies, which are sewing/quilting and paper crafts. 

Today, I will show you my Artist's Trading Card, or ATCs for short. These cards are the size of a playing card or sports trading card. They are always traded and never sold. They can be made of any material. I have used paper, fabric and metal to make mine.

The following are my sewing-related ATCs. Keep in mind that I have scanned them in, and since some are three dimensional, they might be somewhat fuzzy in their appearance, but you'll get the idea. For all of these, I started with a scanned picture of the front of a sewing pattern. Most are from the 50s and 60s. Some of these started out fuzzy due to the production of the patterns at the time they were made. So, here they are:


The heart brad and the veil to the hat was added to the picture.


Perhaps for pregnancy??? Something that would not be blatant in the 50s/60s.




This is my favorite.



I will show you some others next time showing a wider variety of subject matters that I have dealt with. I hope you enjoyed these.

From buttons to thread ...and everything in between...

10 comments:

  1. I love your ATC's! It's been a long time since I've made any but they are so fun!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so creative and glam!
    Here's hoping your recovery is going well.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to do more of these. I am participating in an ATC swap each month, and I hope there will be a theme where I can make more. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I very much enjoyed them Fonda! How creative. I love the old sewing pattern packages. I hope you are doing well after your surgery :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy patterns from the 50s most. I just updated my blog, so hopefully you'll get the explanation about why I was gone so long. Doing much better now. Glad you peeked in!

      Delete
  4. I love, love, love, how you recycle the old pattern packages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I don't recycle. ATCs are about the size of a playing card, so what I have to do is scan in the pattern, choose what part of it I want to use, print it, cut it out, and glue it to a sturdy card-sized paper board. Besides, I can't imagine cutting out the actual garment off the front of the pattern packet! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete