Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Bariatric Surgery - Yikes!

Bariatric Surgery   5/29   10 AM !!!

I'm having Bariatric surgery today. I am having what is called a Roux-en-Y, which is a gastric bypass surgery. When all is said and done, I will have a tiny pouch of a stomach (about the size of a walnut) and will have to eat far less than I have been. It's just one more tool I will use to take care of myself. My hope is that my blood pressure will come back to normal, my insulin levels will come down and my arthritic knees will feel a little better once they have less weight on them. I should feel better and have more energy.


I have set up a few posts for while I'm recuperating, then I'll be back. I'll be showing off some of my art. I hope you enjoy it.

Send some positive energy my way, and wish me luck!

Fonda

From this weight to that ... and everything in between...

11 comments:

  1. Fonda I'm sending positive thoughts your way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for thinking of me! An update is posted...finally!

      Delete
  2. Prayers and best of luck on your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've updated my blog so everyone will know what happened.

      Delete
  3. Just reading this on 5/30, and praying all went well and that your recovery period goes smoothly. I'm sure Katie will be right by your side through it all. {{Hugs}} to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! Hugs back. You'll never know fully what Katie did to aid in my recovery. Side by side most of the time. She was my advocate, too.

      Delete
  4. Fonda, hope all went well with your surgery and that you heal and adjust well to your new life with a walnut-sized stomach!! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I don't know what I would have done without you. Much love.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete