Thursday, May 3, 2018

Fonda's Fabulous Funday Finds #8

This is my fabulous finds NUMBER EIGHT. Fonda fun fact: Eight is my favorite number. I don't know why exactly. It could be that it's the number of the earliest house I remember. 8 Summit Court. It was a short street with a cul-de-sac — back then, they called them courts. There were probably less than 10 houses, from what I can remember. From that house, I went to preschool, kindergarten, first and part of second grade. 8. It's also the lowest house number I've ever had. 8. It's a round-y number. 8. It's my birth month. August. Those are all good reasons to claim 8 as my favorite number.

Now...on with the finds...

All of these were found at my friendly neighborhood Family Thrift. These were from the first trip:

Hat, book, glass shaker, picture, glass serving dish and V-shaped embellishments.
Close-up of the Kokopelli earrings.
Black wooden box - closed.
Open. It's a jewelry box!
 
Planter.

This is from the second trip:

Tinsel garland, half-shade night light and Katie's books.
 And, these are from the third trip:

This shows everything: books, coffee, tinsel garland, white ribbon, leather tri-fold wallet, leaf-shaped serving tray, ceramic gelatin mold, bag of Christmas-y stuff that I purchased for the star.
Here are some close-ups:

Mostly children's books.
New tinsel garland, white ribbon and tri-fold wallet.
Leaves serving tray that feels like wood, but Katie says it's plastic.
Either it's a gelatin mold or something purely decorative to hang on the wall.


I bought this for the star on top.
Showing off at:
Share Your Style #168 
Vintage Charm Party #131 
Talk of the Town #121 
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather Party #313 

From books to birds...and everything in between...

Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I don't have a favorite number but you have good reason to love #8. Good finds. I have had some luck at the thrifts this week also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! If you post your finds, I will get to see them. It's always fun for me to see what others find. It's like a virtual shopping trip with the girlfriends! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun finds, Fonda! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting. It's fun to see what others are up to! Glad you stopped by!

      Delete