Thursday, May 17, 2018

Fonda's Fabulous Funday Finds #9

Today, we're off to Leland, NC. We used to live in Leland, but now we only visit when we need to do something in Wilmington, NC. It's on the way. On this day, we hit the Leland Habitat for Humanity ReStore, The Hope Chest (raising funds to assist victims of domestic violence) and CIS (Communities in Schools) Thrift.

These are the items we found at the ReStore:

We always find books to bring home.

Misc. findings.
In case you can't make them out, we picked up some small white plastic baskets, some white-on-white fabric, Avery stickers, small cow bells for crafts and a package of brad punctuation marks.
A multi gadget knife.

A lawn edger that works great.

And, we put some of it in here!
Next are the items we purchased at The Hope Chest. We like to support them in the work they do to help victims of domestic violence. They have a few stores in our area, so we visit them when we can.

A book for Katie, a natural sponge, snowman garland, a wreath of bells, red yarn and red pompoms.

Katie decided she needed this sponge for her biology class room. I was hoping to use it to texture paint! This is larger than my hand!

"Rusted" metal snowflake garland, up close.

A test tube vase.

The following we found at CIS thrift:

 

The glass was broken, and we had an extra piece of glass at home.
 
For Katie.


I'm not sure why we purchased this Madonna. We usually are drawn to plain white AND without a baby. What were we thinking? Maybe Katie remembers?

A rubber stamp.

Older tinsel garland, for crafts.
There are several CIS thrifts stores near our neighborhood, too.

Well, that concludes our trip to Leland. For a tiny town, it has these three thrift stores plus a furniture consignment store.

Thank you for stopping by! Sign up for email reminders for when a post magically appears, if you'd like. 

Where I am showing off:
Share Your Cup #290 
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather Party #315
Vintage Charm Party #134  
Talk of the Town #124 

From ankle weights to tinsel garland...and everything in between...

11 comments:

  1. Lots of good finds. I like the blue on the Madonna! I buy things and then wonder why all the time, but lately I'm getting better with my impulse buys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been getting better, too. There's only so much space to fill, then it goes to the garage for the garage sale ... eventually. lol Good to see you again, Linda!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great stuff! I shopped a Restore on my gal pal get away and found a few treasures. I love shopping thrifts. The hunt is as fun as the find! :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter where I go, thrifting must be a part of the experience. Sometimes I hit duds, but most of the time, I can find something I *need*!

      Thank you for hosting SYC!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the sweet note over on my blog!! I loved reading your post about your treasure hunting! Also, very envious of your travels through NC - I've always wanted to visit. One day I'll make it there...Thanks again for all of your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my blog post! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. You are so lucky to have a variety of thrifts in your area. We mostly have expensive Goodwills where I am in Maine. Waiting for yard sales! Did hit a hospitall thrift store 2 weeks ago and got treasures. I love your finds; I love finding books and craft supplies as they are more expensive now. I bet that rubber stamp will be gorgeous done with black embossing powder and colors to make it look like stained glass! That test tube vase could easily become an awesome Halloween decoration with some colored contents and wisps of smoke made from angel hair or fake spider webs (sometimes supported with wire or monofilament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to keep your idea in mind about the rubber stamp. Soon, we'll have to pack up the crafts, because my daughter and her brood will be visiting. Thank goodness kids will still sleep on the floor! lol

      We don't decorate for Halloween, but that's a great idea for the test tube vase!

      Yes, we are lucky to have all the thrifts stores we do. In a town/area so small, the thrifts are abundant! And, great prices, too!

      I'm glad you stopped by, Kathy!

      Delete
  6. You've certainly got some great finds -- love that Madonna and the office supplies. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Vintage Charm, and I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete