Friday, May 11, 2018

My Art: Greeting Cards

It's time again to show how talented we are. This week, I'm going to share some greeting cards Katie and I have made.

In our craft space, we sit across from each other at the table and work on our own projects. We start with a clean table, and after we've created awhile, it is one big mess. It's so bad that we are using only a square foot of space to work in, if that! Luckily, we work in waves, and finally one of us calls for the table to be cleaned up. Then we work until it's a mess again.

These cards were created some time ago. I haven't scanned in our cards for awhile, so I might just have to do that again before we use them!

As I was looking back at these, I noticed that I spent more time making my cards. There were more details and more components. I need to challenge myself to do more!

This first batch is Katie's cards:











Katie does have a sense of humor.
The rest are mine:


Quilt card


Criss-cross card



Flip-flop card








My sense of humor is showing.

To create the cards, we used card stock, decorative paper, rubber stamps, ink pads, chalk, embossing powder, ribbon, buttons and other embellishments.

Katie and I enjoy creating and sending cards. When my mom was writing, we would keep her supplied with cards. Katie's dad sends out cards we have made for Christmas.

While we enjoy making cards, we would love to make some money from doing so. It seems that people will shell out $4 or more for a Hallmark card, but they don't want to pay that much for a handmade one. Think about this, and if you have the opportunity to buy handmade, do it!

Showing off at:
Create, Bake, Grow & Gather Party #314 
Snickerdoodle Create, Bake, Make Link Party No. 231
Vintage Charm Party #133  
Talk of the Town 123 

From ALLSTARS to Ostrich races...and everything in between...

15 comments:

  1. Your handmade cards are far more lovely then anything one can store buy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. We enjoy being creative in this way! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, these are wonderful! I always seek out handmade! Thank you for stopping by my blog - I am new follower. x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards Fonda and Katie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I forgot to say that I follow you, too, and I enjoy "our" little road trips.

      Delete
  4. Very nice! I must admit, I love the fish one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie loves that card, too. It's fun in an awful sort of way! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. These are FABULOUS, Fonda & Katie! You're so right about what people will and won't pay for. I buy a lot of cards for family members' birthdays at big box stores for the convenience, but I always enjoy purchasing artisan cards when I can (FestivALL mostly). These are all so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the complement {or is it compliment?}! We enjoy sitting down in the craft room and making cards every once in awhile. We make suck a mess...a happy mess. I'm glad you stopped by for a visit!

      Delete
  6. I love making cards; my SO's 87 year old mother enjoys them, as does 1 of our invalids at church. With a plethora of grands (grandchildren) and supplies, it makes sense for me to use my time that spending retirement dollars on "storeboughts." I also bring in supplies for Sunday School kids to make cards; it is a novelty for them and they enjoy it! I love happy mess and happy noise, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how many thousands of dollars I have in that one craft room! lol But I NEED all the supplies I have {even if I can't find what I need at times). Seriously, I enjoy spending time in there, and it's double fun when I have my buddy join me. Thanks for visiting. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the cards really are a work of art, and just as nice (if not more so) than store bought cards! You are both very talented. You make me want to get back into scrapbooking (I have a whole craft room filled with supplies!) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete