Thursday, November 25, 2021

Season's Greetings

To quilters, this block is called the Disappearing 9-Patch. I have altered mine slightly to fit to the size of this A2 card by slicing off a bit from each side. To start, there must be 9 1-inch squares. Those are adhered to a 3-inch square of white card stock. Then, that square is cut into 4 equal squares of 1 1/2" each. Those are turned in such a way to create the design and adhered to another 3" square. That was adhered to a green square and then a red square as frames. And, all of that was adhered to the green card base. All of the papers are from Stampin' Up!. The sentiment was stamped at the bottom to complete the card.

I'm sharing this card with:

Inspired By IB197 Color Challenge 

I was inspired by the greens and reds (the flower arrangement), and the taupes (the table). 


 

***Update*** I got honorable mention in this challenge. Here's what the Inspired by... team wrote:

"The honorable mention, chosen by a DT memberof the IB197 challenge is this beautiful disappearing 9-patch quilted block card from Fonda.  We love all the colors she was able to pull from the photo and incorporating them into a 9-patch card is so beautiful.  What a great design to use lots of color and even scraps, so inspiring!"

8 comments:

  1. Great pattern. I am not a quilter, but I may have to take a closer look at this design. I imagine many different looks are possible, depending on the DSP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The possibilities of this pattern are endless! I love it, too!

      Delete
  2. I love this disappearing 9-patch block! One of my favorites :) Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to combine two creative outlets to create this beauty! The disappearing 9-patch block is a keeper with paper too, love it! Thank you for the inspiration @IB this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind remarks and for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  4. This make a lovely winter quilt it's wonderful. Thanks for adding it to our IB gallery!

    ReplyDelete