Wednesday, October 2, 2019

A Sunflower for Mom

My mother, who has dementia, loves sunflowers. I'll be sending this card to her!





I stamped the image (Rubber Stampede) with Versafine Onyx Black on Bristol paper because it would accept a little dampness. I water colored the Sunflower using the appropriate Distress Inks colors: Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain, Mowed Lawn and Faded Denim.

Sharing with:

Just Us Girls #507 - Photo Week  

Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #361 Anything Goes 

Mix it Up Challenge Blog: MIUCB #30 - Anything Goes + Open Technique 

Sunday Stamps: SSC214 Time to Get Sketchy 


The Creative Crafters: CHALLENGE #20 [Anything Goes] 



14 comments:

  1. What a lovely sunflower! Your mom will love it! Thank so much for playing along this week with Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great image, and I love the muted natural colour tones. I'm sure your mother loves it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty image, Fonda - love that gorgeous flower, and how the petals hang over the central edges - so much dimension! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your mom's memory deficiency. My mom has it as well and my dad had Alzheimer's so I understand. Love that you send her such pretty cards! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother will love your sunflower and your handmade card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I'm glad you visited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bloom!Thanks for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so much loving handiwork goes into everything you make, and this is no exception! Such a gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for your entry at MIUCB.

    ReplyDelete