Tuesday, August 20, 2019

A recent Artist Trading Card

Here is an ATC I made recently. ATCs measure 2.5" by 3.5", so when I gave her wings, I needed to make sure they fit inside the card. When closed, she peeks out; when open, she flies.



How I made this: I found both images on The Graphic Fairy's site. I printed the little girl and the butterfly onto white card stock. I cut the little girl image down to 2.5" by 3.5" and glued her to my ATC blank. Then, I used white gesso and the tip of my paint brush to color in the flowers in her hair and on her corsage. I fussy cut the butterfly wings, eliminating the body. I punctured two holes into the card with the hole maker from my Silent Setter, and using paper fasteners, I pinned each wing to the little girl's shoulders. I made sure they could move easily into open mode, then I closed them for mailing.

I am submitting this to Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge, and since it's my birthday, I have to win. Simple! lol  

Here's the link: Simon Says Stamp Blog

1 comment:

  1. Oh, now that's both sweet and clever! Love your folding wings.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete