Saturday, January 2, 2021

Mom

It is with a heavy heart that I pass the news of my mom's death onto my readers. She passed this evening at 6:50 after a full day of visitors. She was under hospice care for the last few days.

My mother, Cathy Hausser, had dementia and was in a memory care facility, but that is not what killed her. It was the coronavirus that took her life, perhaps mercifully way before her body would succumb to the dementia. 

This is my mother and me at Graeter's Ice Cream Shop. It was the last weekend I would be see her in person.


And, here she is in her memory care facility. It would be one of many visits I would have with her using Facetime.

Due to covid, she was not allowed to leave the facility to get a hair cut. She always kept her thin hair very short. That's a bright red feather in her hair. I treasure the times we spent using Facetime every Friday. Yesterday was the first time I didn't get a call, but she was non-responsive, so I'm glad I wasn't called.

Rest in peace mom! I had you for 64 of your 84 years, and that makes me happy.

Mom's obituary on Legacy.com - https://legcy.co/3b85Oni

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Fonda...so sorry to read about your mom's passing. Blessings to you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Fonda
    I am so sorry to read your post. Mother's are precious and leave a big whole in our lives. Cry as much as you want to, it's allowed. I pray that you will find strength over the coming days, comfort in the mundane things and happiness in your lovely memories.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.....

    ReplyDelete