Saturday, January 30, 2021

My mind has been elsewhere.

Maybe you've noticed my absence. My mind has been elsewhere, and so have I at times.

My wife, Katie, had a hip replacement on December 21st, 2020. She was doing well, and then she wasn't. She saw her doctor and found she had an infection, so she had surgery on Monday, January 25th, 2021. It was the best-case scenario in that the infection didn't go into the muscle or her joint. So, he flushed out the infection, debrided the area and seeded the area with antibiotics. She stayed in the hospital for 3 days, coming home on Thursday morning. 

So, I spent my time at the hospital visiting with her. I went after I fed the cats and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch and dinner. I came home about 5:30 pm or 6:00 pm. I have a hard time driving at night. Thank goodness there's a little bit of light at 6 pm! When I came home, I fed the cats, caught up on my computer and went to bed early. I didn't get my usual mid-day nap! 

Katie was sent home with a PICC line that goes into her vein where she must receive antibiotics twice a day, about 12 hours apart. So, I play nurse since she can't do it herself. She also has a Wound-Vac, which helps her incision heal. We are working on our new normal. 

Needless to say, I have been focused on her and not my art. Now, I will be starting back to working on my art that will be uploaded tomorrow evening for challenges that are due on February 1st. It's been a nice break, too. I need that every once in awhile.

Keep Katie in your thoughts as she heals. She's walking without assistance now, and she only has to work on her endurance after being out of commission for awhile. She can tie her own shoes, too, which is something she couldn't do before this last surgery. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, I will keep you both in my prayers. Thank God she has come back home safely, going into hospital is very scary. Tieing shoelaces must feel wonderful but remember to rest in between shoes!

    ReplyDelete