Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Dragonfly Dreams

 

I started this A2-sized card by die cutting the elements - the flowers and the dragonfly. The flowers are the same color as the card blank, and the dragonfly is shimmery tissue paper adhered to some white card stock.

Then, I put the shimmery ice blue card stock through my Big Kick using an embossing folder. Next, I assembled the elements and glued them to the card in a pleasing manner. I popped up the large flower on double-sided foam tape giving it dimension. I used my MISTI and stamped the sentiment on white card stock using Versafine Onyx. I cut it into two pieces and fit it into the space by the dragonfly. Finally, I attached the light blue panel onto the plum-colored card stock.

The challenge from CAS Colors and Sketches suggested these colors: Highland Heather, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight, and I think I matched them fairly well.

I'm sharing these with:

CAS Colors & Sketches - Challenge #384 - Colours 

  

The House that Stamps Built: Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge ~ A1220

Uniko Challenge #60 Reminder - In My Garden + optional twist Hot Summer Colours   

5 comments:

  1. Very striking with that bold color combo! Wish I could see the sparkle on the dragonfly; bet it is fabulous in real life! Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet CAS card! Thanks for playing along at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean simple and beautifully graphic!
    Thank you so much for joining the UNIKO challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful color combo! awesome clean and simple card. Thanks for playing over at THTSB.

    ReplyDelete