Thursday, August 13, 2020

Sock Monkey Birthday

 This is for my brother, Aaron, who will be turning 50 on the 19th of August. When Aaron was little, he had a sock monkey like this, and he called her Ginger. We share a birthday, but I'll be 64. I'll put some kind of sentiment in it like "From one butt face to another, Happy Birthday." We're nice to each other that way...

I started this A2-sized card by stamping the monkey (Stampin' Up, set unknown) on a white card stock panel. I colored it in using my Prismacolor colored pencils. Using my gray colored pencil, I shaded in the white areas to show a shadow. I stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Birthdays) in taupe Vivid ink using my MISTI to keep it straight. I mounted the white panel onto a red card blank to finish up. 

I'm sharing this with:

Love To Scrap Challenge Blog #136 - For The Kids 

Splitcoast Stampers

No comments:

Post a Comment