Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Flower Garden Quilt

 

If this card were made of fabric and pieced together, I think it would be called Grandma's Flower Garden.

I chose four different patterned papers, and cut out each hexagon using my small punch. Starting at one corner, I built the "quilt" on a sheet of white card stock. The unifying print is in the center of each "flower", and the other papers coordinate with it. After the sheet was big enough, I trimmed the "quilt" down to 4" by 5 1/4". I used an extra sheet of the green patterned paper cut to 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" to form the A2-sized card.

The sentiment (Stampin' Up! Perfect Pennants) was stamped using a Vivid Vintage Green ink pad. I adhered it to the card using double-sided foam tape for some dimension.

I'm sharing this with:

Sparkles Monthly Challenges Blog - Challenge#131 Use at least 3 Patterned Papers  

International Art & Soul - Ch#90 Inspired by a Book  This card was inspired by the book, "Dove in the Window", which is a murder mystery with instructions to make a quilt at the end.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love the quilt look!!! I would like to follow you on instagram ~ name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely quilted effect. Those papers are lovely together. Thanks for joining my challenge at Sparkles Monthly. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Classic design. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul. Good luck. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting has made a very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete