Monday, August 3, 2020

Seaside

What I have created is a tranquil seaside picture...unlike the hurricane Isaias that is currently tormenting us. It's raining hard off and on, and the wind is high or not, as seems fit for a hurricane.


First, I stamped the image (Stampin' Up!) using Versafine Onyx on Bristol paper. It takes water without warping too much, and I needed a smooth surface on which to stamp. Then, I water colored it using a variety of Distress Inks and an Aqua pen.

The frame around the picture is a reddish copper that has a sheen to it. Then, I mounted that onto Stampin' Up!'s Soft Sky A2-sized card blank.

I'm sharing this with:







9 comments:

  1. This is really impressive! I am really impressed with the success of this project. Good job, Rush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well after this storm for you guys! My sister in Beaufort SC got NOTHING, while expecting Cat 1. She was grateful, to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, peaceful coastal scene, Fonda! A much better scene today than yesterday, yes? I hope you didn't have any damage. In the triangle area we were blessed with rain and not a lot of wind. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous beach scene that is peaceful and relaxing. I hope that the hurricane is now moved on. Your soft watercolouring is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really charming, with lovely delicate tinting.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of old style watercolour paintings. Always soft and appealing to the eye. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I like the reluctant coloring!
    Thank you for participating in our challenge at Country View Crafts this month!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely, such a tranquil scene. Thank you so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely coastal scene ..... beautiful watercolouring too. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Mix Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete