Thursday, July 23, 2020

Celebrate

I usually don't do color challenges, but I attempted this one. I happened to have some colors that I think fit, and I hope that I succeeded in making this a CAS (Clean And Simple) card.





The colors for the challenge are Stampin' Up!'s Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral and Mint Macaron. I substituted Pool Party and Watermelon for the blue and coral. The other I happened to have. I also used some Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper.

I started by cutting each color into 1" strips of varying lengths. I glued the DSP to the Watermelon Strip to soften it next to the blue and mint. I rounded all the corners. 

For the blue and the mint, I used hand-held punches to make designs in the paper that coincide with the designs on the DSP (circles and rectangles). I glued everything down on an A2 white card base. Then, I stamped the sentiment (EK Success) on the mint cardstock using Versafine Onyx and cut it out. Finally, I glued it to the card.

I'm sharing this with:

CAS Colours & Sketches - #380 Colors 

Crafting Happiness - Challenge #58 

3 comments:

  1. Cute. Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Challenge Blog Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you've mixed and matched the shapes in the blue and green panels with the patterned paper. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! I'm glad you found our challenge blog, and I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! I like the confetti look! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete