Friday, July 10, 2020

True Love Has Four Paws

Today we celebrate the life of Franklynn. We had to euthanize him today, and we are sad. I made a card to honor him, and I gave it to my wife. It made her cry. This is him in his better days...blepping (tongue sticking out slightly).



And, here is the card:





I started with an A2 white card blank. I cut the green cardstock to 4 1/4" by 5 1/2". Then, I took a ruler and laid it corner to corner going both ways and marked it with a pencil. After that, I cut it using my paper trimmer. I adhered the two green triangles to the card blank as shown. 

I stamped the cat from the Stampin' Up! set called Nine Lives on a piece of white cardstock using my Misti. I lined up the next image of the spots and stamped it. Then, I used the coordinating punch to cut the cat out. I glued it onto the bottom triangle. To finish it off, I stamped the sentiment on the white part of the card. I gave him green eyes by using dots of green Smooch.

I am sharing with:

Splitcoast Stampers

Freshly Made Sketches #443  




6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your heartbreaking loss. Hugs ((()))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sad. I'm sorry, Fonda and Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Fonda. Its awful losing a pet... I still mourn my lost ones and hope they're waiting for me at the Bridge. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet way to remember and honor your cat. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you could use the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty. This card is a wonderful tribute. Thank you for sharing with us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete