Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Ocean Life

I made another ocean life card. This time I went vertical and was able to use the seahorse, which is a favorite of mine.





I started with a white Bristol paper panel that was 3 1/4" by 8 1/4". I cut a speckled brown paper and tore the edges on two sheets, then glued them to the bottom to resemble sand in the ocean and on the beach. I used various colors of paper and Vivid Inks to stamp the sea shells. I cut those out and arranged them in the "sand".

I stamped the seahorse in Vivid Ink to the right of center and colored the sea grasses with a green colored pencil. Then, I stamped the coral using Distress Ink. I stamped the colorful fish using Vivid Inks. Finally, I used Speckled Egg Distress Ink and a make-up brush to spread a little light blue between the elements. I mounted it on a slim line piece of cardstock the same color as the "sand".

I used stamps from these manufacturers: Mostly Animals, Fred Mullett, Pigs & Poets, Impression Obsession and some of the shells are unknown.

I'm sharing this with:

Simon Says Stamp - A Day at the Beach 

Double "D" Challenges - Let's Go to the Beach 

Splitcoast Stampers 

Crafting Happiness - Challenge #58

Modsquad Challenge - Slimline Scenery 

Cardz for Galz - Challenge#126 Sea Shells 

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully created slimline card, love all the stamping details!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to do a vertical slimline card to utilize that seahorse! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Let’s Go To The Beach’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done. Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Challenge blog owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful summer card! Thanks for linking up to the Double D's challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete