Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Read Between the Lines

There's something new in stenciling, and that's stencil tracing. I recently heard about it and tried it out with this next challenge. It seems like I should use the stencil as normal, then I had to outline within the stencil. And, this is what I came up with:


I started by cutting an A6 card blank. I left it a little short so I can fold over a 12" cardstock without cutting. Then, I stenciled using a Stamper's Anonymous for Tim Holtz smallish-sized stencil on a white panel. I used Distress Ink in Mustard Seed, inking more heavily in the center and less toward the outer ends, using a make-up brush and moving in a circular motion. 

Without moving the stencil, I used an orange fine line marker to trace within the confines of the stencil. I cut the panel down to size. To finish, I stamped the sentiment (by Nick Bantock) slightly askew and adhered the panel to the card blank.

I'm sharing with:

CAS Mix Up July Stencil Challenge 

4 comments:

  1. How sunny and uplifting, Fonda! I love how you outlined with the orange! Great sentiment too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your summery design Fonda! The stenciled sun rays look fabulous with the mustard seed inking with orange outlining. Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shaded sunrays, Fonda. Loved your orange tracing to make the rays pop and orange sentiment and cardstock. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up Stencil Tracing. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful two tone card, love the restricted colour palette.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up, hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete