Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Friends Enrich Our Lives...

For today's challenges, I made a tag. It's been ages since I've made a tag! Using this format was a nice change.





I started out with a manila-colored Tim Holtz Distress Tag. I inked it up directly on the tag using Distress Inkpads and a make-up applicator brush. I stamped the background curly-Qs using a stamp from the set. I stamped it three times across only inking on the first impression.

I used different Distress inks for the cat on a white sheet of cardstock. I stamped the cat's head and the triangles using other stamps from the same set. I die cut the head, body and tail and glued it to the tag. I stamped the sentiment, cut it apart and glued it in different areas of the tag. The stamps and dies are by Stampendous for Laurel Burch. 

To finish it off, I used a Gelly Roll pen in "Clear Star" and drew over some of the curly-Qs in the background and a few of the triangles of the cat's body. Then, I cut lengths of yarn and inserted them into the hole and tied them off. 

I'm sharing this tag with:

The Sisterhood of Crafters - "Ink It Up" Challenge

Tag Tuesday - "Put a Sentiment on It" Challenge

613 Avenue Create - "Anything Goes w/Optional Twist - The Sentiment As The Focal" Challenge

Love to Scrap Challenge Blog - #135 - Anything Goes

Mix it up Challenge - Anything Goes + Open Technique (mine is Direct to Paper) 

Crafting Happiness Challenge 56 



3 comments:

  1. Fabulous kitty tag. Cute! Thank you so much for playing along last week at my Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
    Hugs! Janis
    Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
    Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is very cool. I love Laurel Burch stamps and have quite a few earrings from "the old days" when she first came out. In fact, have a couple of coffee mugs that have survived the years, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag - love the way you've put it together.

    Thanks for joining us at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete