Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Proof of Miracles

There's a trend in card-making that's becoming popular, and that's called "Slim line" cards. These cards are tall and skinny and fit in a business-sized (#10) envelope. I seem to struggle to fill the card, so I opted for my ol' stand-by, the CAS, or Clean And Simple, card.


 I started by cutting my card blank 7" by the width of paper, or 8 1/2", out of a navy blue cardstock and folded it in half lengthwise. Then, I cut a panel out of brown-speckled tan cardstock at 8" by 3".

I first stamped the bird (maker unknown) in Coffee Bean and covered it with a mask. Then, I stamped the flowers in Green before stamping the sentiment (Insightful Meadows by Unity) in Ultramarine. I used Vivid ink pads.

I'm sharing with:

Simon Says Stamp - Early Birds 

Just Us Girls Challenge #544 - Trend Week 

6 comments:

  1. I started looking for the mask on the bird! ...These times!

    A very sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...you're silly! And, yes...These times!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really subtle composition to create perspective and depth - that's some clever stamping. And I love the bird... he reminds me of the robins I've befriended during lockdown.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I'm pretty sure he's a Darkroom Door stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card -- I do love birds :) Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete