Saturday, September 19, 2020

Apple Season Wreath: Happy Birthday


I started this A2 card by making the background. I used a wood plank embossing folder and inked up the raised lines with a Distress Oxide ink pad in Brushed Corduroy. I placed a manila-colored card stock measuring 4" by 5 1/4" inside and ran it through my Big Kick. I adhered that to a manila-colored card base with double-sided tape.

Then, I made the green wreath. I used a piece of multimedia paper and swirled on three different colors of Distress Oxide greens. I buffed the extra color off with a rag. I used a Stampin' Up! wreath die and ran it through my Big Kick. I adhere that to the top of the wood plank panel with glue. I chose 6 red buttons to make the "apples" and glued them to the wreath.

After that, I stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up!) using a Distress Oxide that matched the color of the bow. I attached the bow and the tag with glue.

I am sharing this with:

Freshly Made Sketches #453 

 

Cardz 4 Galz - #130 Buttons and Bows 

#TGIFC282 Inspiration Challenge 

 

Ch#92 Tic Tac Toe  

 

MIUCB #41 - Anything Goes + Foiling  

LTSCB #137 - Anything Goes  

LTCCB #50 - September Anything Goes  

10 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! Love the wood background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So effective, love the overall look of this. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those buttons on the wreath are so clever! What an adorable card!💖 Thanks for joining in with us this week over at TGIF Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look that you created on the wreath - and it's lovely with the wood embossing folder. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cute little buttons you used...it really dresses the card up! Thank you for joining us at TGIF Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever idea to use buttons for the flowers. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at IAAS and we would love to see you again. I must admit I am struggling to see which row of the Tic Tac Toe grid you followed. Christine DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top: A bow, red and embossing. Diagonal from top left: A bow, a die and blue.

      Delete
  8. Great card! Thanks for sharing your card at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete