Saturday, September 26, 2020

True Signs of the Season


It's that time of year when the Monarch butterflies come through on their way south, and the wheat is getting to the point of harvest time.

This challenge is about using recycled elements in the card. The elements I used are the insides of a business window envelope, a scrap with just enough space for the butterfly and the sentiment comes from the large magazine that I use to keep my desk clean from ink and glue.

I started with an A2-sized white card base. I dry fitted the window of the envelope so I could get the placement of the wheat (Inkadinkado) just right. I used my MISTI to do this. I stamped the wheat on the card base using Archival Distress Ink. Then, using double-sided tape and glue, I adhered the piece of the window envelope to the card base. Next, I stamped the butterfly (Embossing Arts Co.) on a scrap of orange card stock with Versafine Onyx. I looked for a sentiment from the magazine and found something about the season. The author was actually talking about Christmas, but it seems equally appropriate here.

I'm sharing this with:

Crafty Cardmakers - #263 Use a Recycled Element 

No comments:

Post a Comment