Monday, October 5, 2020

A Birthday Celebration!

Seize the Birthday challenge blog is celebrating their 200th challenge, and I am going to help them celebrate! I was inspired by the colors of pink, blue, purple and yellow, the three balloons and spatters.

 

This is an A2-sized card. I used watercolor paper for the panel and the balloons.

I started by setting up my palette. I used Distress inks as watercolors: Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet and Squeezed Lemonade. I started with the first three colors for the balloons. I put them on one piece of paper so I could get some movement of the watercolors. After that dried, I punched the balloons out using a Stampin' Up! punch. I tied black thread to each balloon and secured it with a dot of glue.

Then, I moved to the watercolor paper panel. I used the yellow as the background. I smeared it onto the paper in a back and forth motion. I didn't go to the edges. I spattered the first three colors onto the panel. It didn't take this long to dry because I used a relatively dry brush. Next, I stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up!). I adhered the panel to the turquoise card base with double-sided tape.

The last thing I did was to glue the two balloons to the panel. I used double-sided foam tape to lift the purple balloon on the right.

I'm sharing this with:

Seize the Birthday 200th Challenge with PRIZES! 


2 comments:

  1. I can surely see with the colors you used on your card that you were inspired with our logo. Even the script of your sentiment matches our font! Great card! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday for our 200th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those balloons look fantastic against that splash of yellow. I love your splatter on the background too. Genius using real thread for the string. TFS!

    ReplyDelete