Saturday, October 3, 2020

Asian Tag


This is a tag that I made especially for a challenge (see below). The tag itself measures about 3 1/8" by 6 1/4". I started by stamping the image of a woman (Stampington & Co.) on a leaf of paper from an Asian novel. I stamped the image using Versafine Onyx. Then, I glued it to the tag. I glued postage stamps from Japan to the bottom of the tag. When the tag was dry, I colored in some of the elements with my Prismacolor pencils. Next, I cut several lengths of various yarns to slip through the hole at the top of the tag and pulled them through. I continued with the postage theme by gluing postage stamps to three strands of yarn. There is a different image on the back of the two larger stamps.

I'm sharing this with:

Tag Tuesday - Book Print  

ANYTHING BUT A CARD 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Fonda! LOVE this beautiful tag with the Japanese bookprint, really fabulous. Love the addition of the stamps and threads. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tag..the print I love and that delightful image too.
    Great fibres with the addition of the stamps really set the tag perfectly.
    Many thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ~ I love all the fibers you picked to add ~ I would have never thought to add postage to the end of the strands ~ Very Cool ~ Blessings on the week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Love the woman and also that you added the postage stamps. So much to explore and look at in this tag. Have nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that is just super gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this is a fantastic tag - love each of the elements and together they are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a gorgeous tag Fonda! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag! Love all of the colorful ribbons and trims. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Crafters, "Anything But a Card Challenge".

    ReplyDelete