Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Fall is in the Air


This little round card will fit in an envelope sized for an A2 card. The challenge calls for a card that isn't rectangular or square, so I came up with a round one.

I started by stamping the gingham check on a manila-colored card stock using Archival Distress ink. Then, I cut it out using a pumpkin die. I cut out a gray one, too. I assembled the pumpkin on an A2-sized manila card base. Next, I cut it out using my largest circle die. I did aim to cut it short, so I could use the fold of the card base, but it wasn't meant to be. So, I used small staples to hold the circles together and folded it along that line. After that, I die cut two leaves and the curlicue out of a shimmery copper and a textured green card stock. Finally, I stamped the sentiment (Northwoods Rubber) and cut  it out with a circle punch and glued it down on top of the leaves.

I'm sharing this with:

Sparkles Monthly Challenges Blog - #132 Shaped Card - Not Square or Rectangle  

Challenge #143 - Quote 

 

Challenge #22: Smoky Slate  


 

6 comments:

  1. Nice pumpkin shape and I like the leaves. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sparkles Monthly Dawn S DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely, love the pumpkin in the shaped card, so very pretty. Thank you so much for joining us in our Quote challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card and the fact that it will fit into a standard size envi is awesome!! Thanks for for playing along with us at The Rainbow Card Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Thank you for joining The Rainbow Card Challenge this month!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen
    TRCC DT, creativetimewithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gingham pumpkin and fabulous design! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at the Rainbow Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretation of the quote! I love the gray gingham pumpkin. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.
    I wish you a lovely day!
    Maja, DT The Male Room

    ReplyDelete