Thursday, October 15, 2020

Pears and Kumquats


This card measures 5" square. The embossing folder and dies are made by Stampin' Up!. 

I started this card by cutting a piece of reddish-brown sturdy scrapbook paper 5" by 12". I inked up an embossing folder by running the Distress ink pad (Gathered Twigs) on the raised side. Then, I laid the paper inside, closed the embossing folder and ran it through my Big Kick. After that, I cut it down to 5" by 10" and folded it in half.

To make the wreath, I die cut two different wreaths out of a light and dark green textured scrapbook paper. I intertwined them by moving some of the dark green leaves in the back to the front. Then, I die cut the pears out of a golden yellow card stock. Next, I cut the kumquats out of orange card stock using a hand-held round hole punch. I glued both elements to the wreath.

I made this card specifically for the challenge listed below, and I used all six colors matching them as closely as I could.

I'm sharing this with:

SSC241 Earthy Tones  

 

LTCCB #51 - October Anything Goes  

Challenge #143 - Quote  

 

Challenge#133 Hello Autumn  

9 comments:

  1. The wood panel background looks great. Your wreath is so pretty with the leaves intertwined. Lovely card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath looks lovely against that embossed woodgrain background. The addition of kumquats and pears works so perfectly with the challenge colors and is a fun decoration for the wreath! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, Fonda - I love a gorgeous wreath, and the pears are the perfect Fall touch! Such a great woodgrain background, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wreath you created. Beautiful fall card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Fonda what a great take on our challenge at The Male Room. Love your card. Thank you for joining us this month. Hope you join us again in the future, xx Clarissa DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wood background with your beautiful wreath. Thank you so much for joining us in our Quote challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful CAS design and you have really used the challenge prompts well! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sparkles Challenge - "Hello Autumn!"
    Rachelle - DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful CAS wreath, with such a soft colors, lovely. Thank you for joining The Male Room "quote" -challenge, I hope you be back in our new "Toys"-challenge.

    ReplyDelete