Saturday, October 24, 2020

Apples and Oranges


This is a square card measuring 4 1/2" on each side. The medallion stamp was made by Holly Berry House, which makes many different stamps of this type. This card has seven layers, including the card base. Layers is what the challenge called for, and this is what I chose to do.

I started by stamping in Versamark embossing ink on white card stock. I used gold embossing powder. I stamped it and embossed four times in order to get the layers. Out of the first layer, I cut out the last layer and put it on top, but the other layers needed to be stamped individually and cut out to layer effectively. I could have stamped the medallion just once, embossed and colored, but I wanted the layers, which look so much better in person. For each layer, I colored within the embossed areas using markers. I used two different greens for the leaves and two different oranges for that fruit. To cut out the layers, I used my craft knife, which was quite tedious, but so worth the effort. After I stacked the layers of the stamp using double-sided foam tape, I mounted them on a piece of red columns card stock, and the card base is orange.

I'm sharing this with:

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Lots of Layers 

LTCCB #51 - October Anything Goes  

2 comments:

  1. What a cool card! Love the symmetrical design and wonderful layers. Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Fonda! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete