Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Paper Quilting


I started by punching out three different types of squares - predominately red, predominately white and a different red and white one for the center. I arranged these on a white piece of card stock trying to make sure that my angles and lines were straight. After the squares were arranged and taped down, I cut through some of the squares to make them half-square triangles. I squared it up, much like a fabric quilt. I ran a black and white gingham ribbon around the "quilt". I taped the ribbon to the back of the panel. Then, I taped the panel down to a black card base. Next, I used a very thin black tape to "hide" the seams. (I think that kind of tape is used in graphic design.) I folded more ribbon to make the embellishment and sewed it together and added a button. I used glue dots to adhere it to the "quilt" on top of the ribbon. I stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up!) with Versafine Onyx on a piece of red and white scrap and adhered it to a black label.

I'm sharing this with: 

Just Us Girls Challenge #561- Word Week  

 

LTSCB #139 - Anything Goes  

4 comments:

  1. Great triangle backgroundTurned out really good. ThanksFor joining in at just us girls challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is beautiful! I love your colors and your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome use of triangles! Perfect for this week's challenge! lovely colors too! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - love the patchwork background.

    Thanks for joining us at the Love to Scrap Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete