Wednesday, November 11, 2020

The Criss-Cross Card

This is the card when it is put together.

These are the components of the card: the base, the insert and the belly band.

I started making this almost A2-sized card by cutting the dotted green base from a piece of scrapbook paper. I cut it down to 5 1/2" by 12". I scored that into 3 equal pieces. Then, I cut each side to make a triangle. Next, I cut the patterned paper into two rectangles measuring 3 3/8" by 4 3/4". I cut each in half, one going one way and the next going the other. I adhered them with double-sided tape and a glue stick. After those dried, I folded them to overlap in the center and glued them at the bottom so the insert would stay inside.

To make the insert, I cut a white piece of card stock at 4 1/8" by 3 1/4". The folded-over tab at the top comes from a punch. I glued it into place allowing the top to come close to the top of the card.

To make the belly band, 1 cut the scrapbook paper 3/4" wide by about 9". I folded it around the card, putting the seam in the back. I made sure to crease it on the sides so it will hold tight to the card. I used glue to hold it in place. Then, I stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up!) on white card stock using Versafine Onyx and cut it out with a scalloped oval punch. I glued it to the center of the belly band.

I'm sharing this with:

Just Us Girls Challenge #561- Word Week

 

LTCCB #52 - November Anything Goes  

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Find use of triangles. Thanks for joining in at just us girls challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Craft! Come play with us again, our next challenge starts on the first!

    Lisa
    Royalpumpkinart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this amazing make with us at Love to Craft and have a blessed holiday season! XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete