Thursday, September 5, 2019

Autumn 3

This is the third autumn card I've made in the last few days! I like the time between summer and fall when we can turn off the air conditioner and open the windows. The electric bill goes down, too!





How I made this card:

I chose to use a 6-inch Bristol-paper card for durability when I water colored the elements. First, I stamped the leaf (Stamper's Anonymous - Tim Holtz) and the word "Autumn" (Hero Arts) in Versafine Onyx Black. Then, I colored in the leaf using a paint brush and Distress Inks Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss. I also added these colors along with Fired Brick to the word image. I also used Fired Brick to place a little spatter for texture.

Sharing with: 

CAS Watercolour September Challenge: Complementary Colours 

Addicted to Stamps: Challenge #357 - Make Your Mark  

The Male Room: Challenge #119 - Autumn  

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card in these gorgeous Autumn colours, Fonda. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful CAS card! Love the way you worked in the complementary colour. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS WAtercolour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an original and CAS design! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at CAS Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool!! Thanks for playing along with us at Inspired By.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love leaves as much [if not more than] flowers - this one has been on my list for years! So happy to have it 'fall' into our IB gallery! Wonderful card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little leaf is so pretty sitting in the corner, Fonda! And the word with the swish is so elegant! Love the splatters too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and visiting my blog!

      Delete
  7. I really like this one. The colors are really nice and the leaf is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  9. Such a great card! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a CAS perfection. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your stylish CAS design! Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room craft challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete