Friday, September 6, 2019

Autumn 4

While the hurricane winds were whistling through the house, I was sitting in my studio in the dark waiting for inspiration to come. When it did, I turned on my head lamp. The electricity had gone out! This morning, as I looked at the items I created, I felt as though I had done pretty well! It was a nice surprise this morning when the sun was shining and the wind was calm as if nothing had happened.





I chose an ivory A2 card blank. First, I cut the panels that would become the background. One is light green, and the other is a dark green. I adhered those to the card. Then, I used Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Mowed Lawn and Forest Moss to paint onto a piece of scrap paper. After that was dry (without the use of my ELECTRIC-POWERED heat gun!), I cut the leaves using a Sizzix Designer Series - Market Fresh die and adhered them to the dark green panel. Finally, I stamped the word "Autumn" in Versafine Onyx Black.

Sharing with:

FUSION - Autumn

Addicted to Rubber Stamps and More: Challenge #357 - Make Your Mark

CAS Watercolour September Challenge

Inspired By... fall is near 

The Male Room: Challenge #119 - Autumn  


18 comments:

  1. You must live near me, Fonda! We were so happy to see that sun this morning! Love your pretty leaves and I'm impressed that you powered through without any electricity! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in southeastern NC, about 10 miles from the coast/intracoastal waterway. Thank you for the complement, and I'm glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  2. Three lovely leaves Fonda and great job with no electricity! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  3. Your trio of leaves are so pretty and I love your take on the sketch, Fonda! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card Fonda! Love the two shades of green. Makes a pretty backdrop for your adorable leaves. Glad you are OK and that the sun was shining this morning. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  5. Amazing what you can do with a headlamp in a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "feel" of your card. The colours are lovely. What a great creation you've made without electricity. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  7. Lovely card! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you were safe through the hurricane! This is a lovely autumn creation and I'm so glad you were able to play along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely idea to have the cut outs as the centerpiece, love the leaves and colours. Thank you so much for joining us in our Autumn challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great autumnal masculine card! Thanks for sharing your work with The Male Room. I hope you'll be inspired by our future challenges too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to join in again, too. I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete