Thursday, September 5, 2019

Magic Time

As we sit waiting for the impact of Dorian, I'm making stuff. We still have power, and we hope we don't lose it. Wish us luck!





This is how I made it:

I chose an approximately 5-inch square card blank in a dark blue. First, I stamped the star border (Paula Best) in Versamark embossing ink, covered it with detail gold embossing powder and heated it. Then, I stamped the moon image (Custer's Last Stamp) the same way. After that, I cut away the portion of the card below the star border. Next, I added a gold strip of card stock to the inside back of the card. Finally, I used a phrase I had in my stash, attached it to the gold card stock and adhered it to the card.

This is my second attempt. The first one didn't emboss well, so I used my embossing buddy (I think that's what it's called) and stamped the moon image making sure I got the dots all the way at the edges. 

Sharing with:

#TGIFC227 Product Spotlight: Embossing Powder 

Challenge #12: Blue 

Seize the Birthday #173- Square Card 

The House that Stamps Built: DCC S419 ~ Things That Start With “B” 

Less is More: Challenge #403 - Metallics 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dianna! I enjoyed making it {the second time, too}! I'm glad you visited my blog!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Crafting Happiness Challenge. Did you know you can see upcoming challenge themes in the sidebar? Check it out! Hope you'll share more of your projects.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    Crafting Happiness Challenges
    Facebook Page for Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out the upcoming challenges! Thanks for letting me know and for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  3. This is very elegant with the gold embossing against the blue! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job. This is a very pretty card and great contrasts between the gold and the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Fonda with lovely images too. The gold embossing with the blue card blank is very stylish and it is lovely and CAS too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! I'm glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  6. I love the gold embossing on the dark blue paper! I'm so happy you played along in the Designer's Choice Challenge over on THTSB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely CAS card, love the classy feel of the blue and silver. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete