Saturday, September 7, 2019

Things with wings

I learned to make this kind of card from an online blogger. I can't remember the blogger, but when I find her again, I will include a reference here. [Edit: here is the link.] The secret is in the measuring and folding.



First, I chose an A2-sized card blank. Then, I cut the pink paper 5 1/4" by 4" and adhered it to the card front. Next, I cut the greenish double-sided paper into a 4" square. Fold this paper in half, and pinch it in the center, then fold it the other way and do the same thing. This way, you will find the center of the card. Poke a small hole where the two folds come together. (Don't worry. The inside panel will cover it up later.) 

Fold each point of the paper to the center hole. Then, there will be another square. Adhere this square to a 3" square (dark border). I adhered an enamel dot to the lower left-hand corner.

With all of the corners in the center, start with one and fold it to the outside leaving about 1/2" still folded to the inside. Be sure to fold it straight. After doing this, cut the dark border around the bird to 1 3/4". Next, the bird image was cut to 1 3/8". Finally, adhere the bird to the dark border and adhere that to the center of the larger square at a 90-degree angle, or parallel to the top and bottom of the card. 

It's a little complicated, and I wish I had taken photos at each step. Look at the finished card as you work through the directions. 

Sharing with:

Art Journey Design Team Blog: Art Journey Challenge # 104: Ik zie ze vliegen/ There's no flying without wings!

The House that Stamps Built: Repeat Impressions DCC S419 ~ Things That Start With “B”



5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and what a fun fold! I don't think I have seen one like this before. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun fold you included on this lovely card! I'm so happy you played along in the Designer's Choice Challenge over on THTSB!

    ReplyDelete