Sunday, September 1, 2019

Dragonfly

To me, dragonflies are mysterious. They dart here and there with their varied wing patterns. They catch the light, making them look iridescent. I watch them from my window at times.

I made a tag for my challenges today.





I started with a coffee-stained sheet of watercolor paper and cut it down. Then, I die cut T!m Holtz's Wildflower Stems #1 and, using my water brush, colored them with Distress Ink Mustard Seed, Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs. Next, I stamped the dragonfly (Stampabilities) directly onto the tag with Versafine Onyx. I arranged the Stems around the image and glued them into position. Finally, I added a recycled sari yarn into a hole I had punched.

Sharing with:

Moving Along with the Times: 105 - Things With Wings

A Vintage Journey: A Cup of Tea [or Coffee] for your Art
(I used my wife's coffee grounds, because neither of us drink tea.)

Try it on Tuesday: In my Garden There is... 




15 comments:

  1. This is a lovely floral tag.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful - the subtly coloured background is perfect for your dragonfly! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your beautiful tag with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    YVONNW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag! The colors are just beautiful and I love the recycled sari yarn you used. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Creative wishes!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind remarks and for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  6. What a very lovely tag and your design looks very beautiful.
    Love the cute Dragonfly.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely - the soft neutral of the background is gorgeous (I'm with you on the coffee-drinking rather than tea... the only thing I use teabags for is crafting!), and the use of those lovely delicate wildflower stems. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments, and I'm glad you came by!

      Delete