Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Oh Happy Day

I am new to using stencils, both with paste and pouncing on with paint.





I scan in my cards to share, and these colors turned out wrong! The A2 card blank is a brighter orange, and the background writing (Stampa Rosa) and the featured sentiment (Studio G) are stamped in Distress Inks Ripe Persimmon, which match the card blank. 

How I made this:

First, I cut a panel of water color paper. Then, I used paste and a stencil (T!m Holtz) featuring "+" signs. It sat for awhile to dry, then it sat for awhile because I didn't know what to do next. Finally, I just decided to play, and this is what I came up with. I used Picked Raspberry as a water color and painted it all over the panel. Then, it sat for awhile again. I decided to use the background stamp to see what it would look like. I liked the look and the color. But, it needed something more, so I stamped the sentiment on white card stock and adhered it to the panel. Finally, I adhered the panel to the card blank, and I am pleased with the outcome for the most part.

Sharing with:

AAA Birthday: Game #5 - Use A Stencil

Allsorts Challenge: Week 537 - Anything Goes with a Twist


7 comments:

  1. Your stenciling turned out fantastic. Great card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellibelle! I'm glad you visited my blog!

      Delete
  2. Lovely ink and stencil work, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stencilling and the colours look good even if they did turn out differently. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha...You did a great job even though the card "...sat for a while...". I do that all the time, very rarely have a complete idea to start a card so I have numerous cards "sitting". Thanks for playing along with AAA Birthday this month. We hope we can inspire you to keep playing along. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to keep up with the challenges! I'm glad you visited my blog!

      Delete