Saturday, September 7, 2019

Friendship

This is a card that I made that was a little more elaborate than most. The layers seemed to come together easily, though it was a little more labor-intensive, having to make sure the black space was even. (This image was tilted slightly when scanned, and I couldn't get it right.)





Here's how I made it:

I chose an A2 black card blank. I cut the two panels on the left 2 3/4" by 1 3/4". The right panel was cut at 3 3/4" by 2". I put them through my Big Kick with an embossing folder. 

I cut the white panel 3" by 1 7/8" and adhered it to a black panel that was cut to 3 1/4" by 2 1/8" to create a border. I stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up!) in Versafine Onyx Black and adhered it to the card.

The white 1 3/8" circle was stamped with a flowered heart (also Stampin' Up!) using the same black ink pad. I colored in the flowers to match the colored panels, and I dabbed a few dots of a glitter pen to add a little sparkle. I adhere that to a colored 1 3/4" circle and attached that to a 2" scalloped circle. Then I glued that to the card.

Sharing with:

International Art and Soul: Ch#66 Layer It Up

DL.ART: SEPTEMBER 2019 Linky Challenge
 

3 comments:

  1. This is very deceptive and I understand the difficulty in getting layers just right.Thanks for sharing with us at IAAS this time. Hope we see you again. Christine DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on coming back for another challenge! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete