Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Gifts from the Sea

I don't enjoy going to the beach, but I do appreciate the gifts I have seen from there. Shells and starfish are gathered, and each one is immensely special.





I chose an ivory-colored A2 card blank. First I stamped the scallop shell in Versamark and embossed it in gold. Then, I stamped the other shell in Distress Ink Vintage Photo. I also stamped the starfish in Fossilized Amber. Next, I cut them all out and arranged them on the corrugated paper and glued them down. Then, I adhered that to the card base. Finally, I inked the swirly border in Tumbled Glass and stamped it directly onto the card blank to indicate the sea's waves. (It just needed something there, and I think that works well.)

Sharing with:

Simon Says: Stamp It 

Sweet Stampin' ~ Ahoy Me Hearties  

Country View Challenges: September 2019 - Under The Sea  

 

15 comments:

  1. Super cool card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very elegant card - I love that little swirl of blue on the left - thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! The corrugated paper makes a lovely backdrop. Great idea! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for joining my challenge at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'm glad you visited my blog!

      Delete
  5. Lovely, elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin Challenge. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you came by!

      Delete
  6. Lovely card! I have several seashell stamps too, they all help me remember the beach when it has been too long... Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple but fantastic!!! Thank you for joining the September challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete