Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Dragonfly: Clean and Simple

What does one do when one wants to have a clean and simple (CAS) card but wants to use a huge stamp? Easy. Only stamp about half of it! Our minds fill in what's missing.





How I made this card:

First, I chose a 5"-square card blank. Then, I stamped the dragonfly (Rubber Monger) with Versafine Onyx black ink. After that, I stamped the Chinese coin (Just For Fun) in Versamark and embossed it with gold. Next, I colored in the dragonfly using Twinkling H2Os in Teal Zircon for the body and Summer Breeze for the wings. The shimmer doesn't show up in the scan, but it's there.

Sharing with:

Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #359 - CAS  

International Art & Soul: Ch#67 Things With Wings 

AAA Cards: CAS Game #149 - Up to One Third + Optional Twist An Inlaid Die 

The House That Stamps Built: Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge ~ S1119 

CASology: Week 352: DRAGONFLY  

Through the Craft Room Door: TTCRD anything goes challenge week starting the 17th September 

17 comments:

  1. That is a great tip for using a large stamp on a CAS card, and your card is so very pretty. Love the scale of that dragonfly. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS card! Using only part of the dragonfly was a great idea; it looks awesome! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right about how to use a large stamp on a CAS card. Looks spectacular! Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just gorgeous! How clever to use only some of the stamp. I love dragonflies, they are my favorite bug...I even like them more than butterflies, LOL.

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT - International Art & Soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like dragonflies, too. I see them from the window where I have my computer. I'm glad you came by!

      Delete
  5. I love that gorgeous dragonfly and your CAS take on it! Thanks for playing along in Repeat Impressions Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a spectacular clean and simple card. Great idea to use a "large" stamp but in a CAS way! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards and CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love the off the edge stamping and clean crisp look of your card. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! I'm happy you visited!

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely CAS card and great idea to stamp only half of the image! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete