Thursday, September 12, 2019

Celebrate: Happy Birthday

I love using patterned paper, and this one is gorgeous. I used both sides in order to get the yellow just right.


I used dark gray as the accent color, making a border for the whole card and being the border behind the two sentiments (Stampin' Up!) as well as the leaves (Spellbinders: Aren't You Sweet). It's kind of hard to tell, but the leaves are embossed to show the veins. 

Sharing with:

CAS Colours and Sketches: Challenge #338 - Sketch  


The Sisterhood of Crafters: Embossing (Wet or Dry)  




9 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a clever way not to get annoyed by losing out on the reverse side of a patterned paper! I always get cross when there are two designs I like back-to-back and two designs I don't, also back-to-back. If only they'd put the ones I don't like on the backs of the ones I do, I'd never be missing out... Sorry, rant over! A delightfully elegant card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean! Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  3. Lovely use of this week's sketch, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation of this week's sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant and pretty card...thank you for joining our challenge at The siterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete